Last class we start a new unit, called Danger, and of course my teacher told me to write something in my blog.
Every day we fight a new war against germs, toxins, injury, illness, catastrophe and calamity, that's why we need to be careful everyday. Today I'm gonna teach you some ways to safe your life.
We always play in the pool, saying that we're going to drown, but that's a game...
What happens if you're really in trouble?
Here are a few tips:
- Don't try to swim ashore if you're more than 100 metres away from the coast, open water its dangerous even if you're a good swimmer!
- If you have a boat, stay in it. Why? Boats are easy to indentify than people
- Lie on your back, the water its warmest in the surface.
- Keep an eye out for rescue boats, if one is closer, shout!
Crushed by a crowd:
When you go to a concert, soccer match or even you take the subway, you can imagine a big crowd, sometimes you even start to despair...
What you can do?
- If you have to get out quickly, move away from the pressure area,"A crowd its always focused in one area".
- Move backwards or to one side,
Fire in the house:
Have you ever seen in Tv or in a movie a fire? Always one person is the hero, but... You really need to be a hero?
What you need to do?
- Don't open any doors unless you know there's no fire in the other side. Touch the handle with the back part of your hand, if its hot, don't open the door
- Go to a window and shout for help
- Extingsh the fire yourself only if it's small
- Leave the room and alert everybody
- Call the fire brigade
Some people love them, some people don't, no matter what, the lightings are very dangerous, imagine have a really big shock that even can kill you
What can you do to prevent that?